Movies to Look Forward to this Year

From t2.gstatic.com . Showing the Movie Poster for the new Pirates of the Caribbean.

t2.gstatic.com

t2.gstatic.com

Sam Hopkins, Staff Writer

2017 has begun and with it come dozens of highly anticipated blockbusters. Of course there’s going to be the usual superhero movies but this year there’s going to be more than ever with marvel making Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, Thor Ragnarok and Spiderman Homecoming, Fox making Hugh Jackman’s last time playing Wolverine in Logan, and finally and DC and Warner bros making Wonder Woman and Justice League.

But of course there’s more than just superhero movies this year. In February the Lego Batman Movie along with Rings, Fifty Shades Darker and John Wick Chapter two will be released.

In march comes Logan and Kong Skull Island. Nathan Boyce (‘20) said “I’m excited to see the leadup to king kong’s fight with godzilla, which is why it’s my most anticipated movie of the year.”

Next the Power Rangers reboot, the live action Beauty and the Beast remake and Ghost in the Shell. In april the only major release is the next Fast and Furious movie being titled the Fate of the Furious.

May begins the summer movie season with Alien Covenant, Baywatch, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. In june comes Wonder Woman, The Mummy, Cars 3, and Transformers: the Last Knight. July will have Spiderman Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes which will be the last in the trilogy, Valerian and the City of a Thousand planets, Christopher Nolan’s WW2 period piece Dunkirk and the Sequel to Stephen King’s series of books The Dark Tower.

There is a lot of excitement surrounding the highly anticipated Pirates of the Carribean movie. “I’m really excited for the new Pirates of the Carribean because I love Kata Scodelario from this British TV show called Skins that I used to watch a few years ago. I’m excited to see her progress in her career and see her on the big screen,” said Paige Alexander (’18).

After summer, September doesnt have many major movies announced. The only major release is the Lego Ninjago movie. In October there are of course the usual horror movies like Insidious chapter 4 and Saw Legacy. Other movies include Kingsman: the Golden Circle, and Blade Runner 2049.

November starts right off with Thor Ragnarok which Alex Zhou (‘20) said is his most anticipated movie of the year “Because I’m going to see Thor, Hulk and Doctor Strange together in the same movie”, then Justice league two weeks later.

Also Pixar will be releasing their second movie this year Coco, and Creed 2 will also be released. And finally in december, Pitch Perfect 3, Jumanji, And Star Wars: the Last Jedi which will probably make more money than anything else this year.

So that’s the rundown of the biggest blockbusters of 2017. Which should get a lot of excitement for the year to come.