Donversity week sneak peek

Filippa Nielsen, Staff Writer

Donversity is just around the corner and this year it is going to be even bigger. This year‘s rally will have a wider variety of performances.

“We have planned spirit days, food menus and then it all culminates in the rally,” said Mrs. Grewal, vice principal.

There is week of daily activities planned to celebrate our school’s diversity, leading up to the day of the rally.

Donversity week takes place from March 20th to 24th. The rally is on the last day.

“In every 4th period there will be a class activity where you can get to know your classmates and learn about the diversity in the different classes,” said Mrs. Grewal, vice principal.

Each day throughout the week there will be different themes.

“Starting monday we will have ‘WHO I AM’ day. That will be an opportunity for students to show what their interests are and who they are. Tuesday we will have GSA Awareness day. Wednesday will be Abilities Awareness day; Thursday is Language Awareness day, and finally Friday will be Cultural Diversity day,” said Nicole Zhang (‘18), one of the students planning the Donversity week.

During lunch, planned activities corresponding to the day’s theme will be available.

“Throughout the week at lunch we will have different activities. For example, Monday we’ll have a map where students can place a sticker on where they are from, or their origins,” said Nicole Zhang (‘18).

Many diverse clubs plan on performing during the rally.

“We are going to perform 3-4 different classic latino dance routines. I am super excited for the rally. I also think it’s really cool that Amador has a rally dedicated to diversity,” said Michelle Diaz (‘18), vice president of the AV Latino club.

Students and teachers alike are looking forward to Donversity week and what it has in store for them all!

1 Comment

One Response to “Donversity week sneak peek”

1. John Yi on March 19th, 2017 10:09 pm

Will there be an anti-bullying part? If not that can there be one next year? There are many kids on campus who get bullied for, ironically, who they are.
    Thanks for your consideration,
    John
    Class of 19

[Reply]

*

Donversity week sneak peek