Downtown Adventures: Best Places for Teens

The Dairy is a common place for teens, and has tasty treats.

Public Art Archive

Esha Chawla, Staff Writer

Feeling bored? Need something to get your head off of school? You should head to Pleasanton’s downtown! There are plenty of places to go where you can eat, shop, or just hang out with friends and family.

“Overall, I like the atmosphere [in downtown Pleasanton] and how everyone is so happy. I also have a lot of good memories in downtown” said Ashni Giaimo (‘19).

“[Pleasanton Downtown] just has a really cozy and cute vibe; it just has a really nice atmosphere” said Julia Vasilyeva (‘17).

Downtown Pleasanton is filled with many restaurants, which have amazing service and delicious food.

“My favorite place downtown is this restaurant called Gay Nineties. I usually order a pizza there. They have amazing pizzas there. I like it because of the friendly vibe… and it’s also very peaceful down there” said Rupal Totale (‘18).

“My favorite place downtown is Alberto’s Cantina. My family always goes there, and my grandparents and I always go there every once in awhile” said Michael Tonya (‘18).

Downtown Pleasanton also seems to have an “old-fashioned” vibe to it. From small shops, historical museums, and even a dairy, our downtown seems to come straight from the early 1900s.

“I really like the [Meadowlark] Dairy. It is just the cutest concept: drive-thru ice cream. I also really like it because it’s a really cool thing to do with your friends. You can go get ice cream and eat it at the park with your friends. Good memories…” said Laura Lentz (‘18).

“I like the general historical environment. The buildings look very historical, and it’s interesting to think about their past. Also, there are no big fast food or restaurant chains, which makes it more special to me” said Bryan Luo (‘19).

Not only does Downtown Pleasanton have great restaurants, there are also many great places to shop!

“I love Therapy! It’s a really quirky place to find funny, cute, and creative things. Even though I can never afford to buy anything in there, Therapy has funny knick-knacks to look at. Also, the employees are super nice!” said Catherine Murphy (‘20).

Downtown Pleasanton is the perfect place to go with anyone and everyone. There is something for everyone to do.

“Mostly, I hang out with my friends because we are always eating” said Murphy (‘20).

“I’ve been living in Pleasanton for almost all my life, and I go downtown about once a month. Usually, I go downtown with my friends or family to hang out and get food” said Giaimo (‘19).

“I go downtown with my friends and family because they are my favorite people to spend time with” said Lentz (‘18).

As the workload from school piles on, remember to take some time out for yourself. Head downtown, and have fun with your friends and family!